How to enrol
Ways to enrol
To enrol on a course phone our free enrolment number 0800 073 0911 and our staff will offer you help and advice. Alternatively, you can enrol in person at any of our centres
You can also enrol for most of our courses online. Search online for courses
We accept the following payment methods
- In person - by cash, cheque, credit or debit card, or by instalments (please ask at your centre for details)
- On line - by credit or debit card
- By telephone - by credit or debit card
If your fees are being paid by your employer please ask us about invoicing options
If you are over 19 years of age, and your course is at Level 3 or above and costs more than £300 you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to pay your course fees. Find out more about Advanced Learner Loans
Do I need to bring identification?
Please bring along a form of ID such as your passport, driving licence, National Insurance card or bank, credit or debit card. Ask your centre for details of what we can accept.
Please have your date of birth and National Insurance number available as well.
Can I get a refund?
If you sign up for a course and it is cancelled before classes start or up to week 3 of the course, you will get a full refund. If a course has been running for more than 3 weeks of study when it is cancelled, you will get some of your fee back
We may also give partial refunds if you have to stop taking the course for a medical or employment reason. You will need to give us either a doctor's note or a letter from your employer
If you decide to withdraw from a course before you start, or part way through, we will decide whether you can have a refund. This depends on when you have let us know you don't want to continue and why you don't want to go on
Please note, if you withdraw from a course and are paying by instalments, you may still need to pay your remaining instalments
Do I need to have a DBS check?
For some courses, such as Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, you will need a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously a CRB check). Please enrol for your course early so our centre staff can issue your DBS application form and submit it for processing. Placements cannot start until a satisfactory clearance certificate has been viewed by the centre. The cost of the DBS check will be included in your course fee, but you are strongly recommended to pay an additional fee, currently £13, for an annual update service to ensure portability. Our centre staff or your course tutors can give you more information.
ULN (Unique Learner Number) and PLR (Personal Learning Record)
When you register for your course you will be required to use your own personal 10 digit Unique Learner Number (ULN) – this is your education equivalent to your National Insurance number. You may already have a ULN number – this will be shown on your certificate if you have undertaken an accredited course within the last few years. If you haven't – we can easily apply for your ULN – you will find out more information about this when you enrol.
Your ULN allows you access to your own Personal Learning Record (PLR) – this is a complete record of your achievements since 2007. Information within the Personal Learning Records is secure and cannot be shared with other organisations (including statutory bodies), without the prior consent of the learner. The process of accessing your learning record will be discussed when you discuss your enrolment
- Book early - some of of most popular courses fill up quickly, and some courses have limited places so get in touch with us to guarantee your place. For some courses you may also need a DBS check and this process takes time
- Speed up the process - have your Unique Learner Number handy
- Keep your details up to date - include an up to date phone number and email address so that we can get in touch with you quickly
- Sign your form - your enrolment form is part of your agreement with us. remember to sign it so that your enrolment is not delayed
- If the course is full - you will be added to our waiting list and if a space becomes available we will contact you to let you know
- Can't pay today - if you are unable to pay for your course at the time of enrolling at one of our centres, we will add you to our waiting list. Your place on the course will be secured as soon as you call back to pay the course fee. This way we can give you a call if the course if becoming full or if it doesn't go ahead