Cookery and Catering
Cookery and catering courses
Do you want to gain a level 2 certificate in Food Hygiene (industry standard)?
Our course covers:
- The importance of food safety procedures, risk assessment and safe food handling
- Effective personal hygiene practices, for example, hand washing
- How to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy
- Importance of pest control
- How to deal with food spillage
- The importance of temperature controls when storing, preparing, cooking, etc.
- Stock control procedures
Want to try something a bit different?
Check out our Italian through Cookery course. Learn to cook and speak at the same time! A fun way to learn a language. Suitable for beginners.
Ask us about flexible learning – you can try a taster session or a few weeks by arrangement if you don’t want to commit to a full term.
Contact NCLGatewayEnquiries@newcastle.gov.uk to find out more.