EU Settlement Scheme

Image of a typewriter

European Union Settlement Scheme : Brexit Changes to Immigration Status

No matter how long people have been in the UK, nationals of EU, EEA and Switzerland must apply to the EUSS Scheme if they want to stay legally in the country. Applications must be made by 30 June, 2021. The Scheme applies to children as well as adults.

Learners should not worry, but are strongly encouraged to act now if they have not yet applied. Free support is available if learners need it from Riverside Community Health Project (0191 226 0754 / 07943 197 249), Your Homes Newcastle  - and people do not have to be tenants (0191 277 1190) - and the Children’s Society - who can help adults too (0191 349 9481). North East Law Centre has a weekly advice line on a Friday (10am-1pm) to talk through linked immigration queries (0191 230 4777).