Free CPD courses
Do you want to update your workplace skills and knowledge or gain a new qualification?
We are offering a range of online CPD (Continuing Professional Development) modules and nationally recognised and accredited Level 2 courses you can study from the comfort of your own home.
These courses are offered on a distance learning basis, so they give you the flexibility to study at your own pace, without the requirement to attend college, and you can fit them around your existing work and home commitments.
The CPD Modules available are
• Care Certificate Programme
• Conflict Management
• Preparing to Deliver Excellent Customer Service
• Dementia Awareness
• Understanding Equality and Diversity
• Introduction to First Aid
• Food Safety Awareness
• Essential Finance for Non-Financial Managers
• Health and Safety in the Workplace
• Principles of Internet Safety
• Understanding Leadership
• Manual Handling Safety at Work
• Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication
• Mental Capacity Act
• Mental Health Awareness
• Personal Money Management
• The Importance of Online Safety
• Performance Management
• Safeguarding Adults and Children
• Understanding Stress
These courses are all free of charge!
You can also study a range of full Level 2 Qualifications –
• Certificate in Principles of Business Admin
• Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
• Certificate in Principles for Digital Skills in Employment
• Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
• Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
These Level 2 courses will be free of charge if you are currently employed and live in the North of Tyne Combined Authority area.
Enquire online at for any of the above online programmes. Once enrolled, you will be ready to receive your student handbook and work materials, and you can get started. It’s as easy as that!
Any queries, contact us at 0191 2773520 from 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday or email us at NCLGatewayEnquiries@newcastle.gov.uk