Support an intern
Support an Intern
Providing an opportunity to an individual with a learning difficulty and disability can benefit your business as well as helping the young person.
New Venture is a fully supported internship programme offering individuals aged 16-24 years with learning difficulties and disabilities real work experience. Employing an individual with a learning difficulty and disability enables employers to access skills and competencies of a workforce that they may not have reached before, therefore meeting specific requirements and needs of the business.
The benefits to an employer for offering a supported internship placement include:
- businesses can be seen as being more community based.
- employees overcoming misconceptions of people with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- diversity contributing to good working practices within the company
- staff can be encouraged to offer support and mentor individuals sharing their skills and experiences.
- boosting performance, development and team dynamics.
- individuals with a learning difficulty and disability are known to take less time off and are more likely to stay with an employer long term.
If you are interested in providing an opportunity to an individual with a learning difficulty and disability then please contact:
New Venture Coordinator - Dianne Holliday, Westgate College, West Road, Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE4 9LU. Telephone: 0191 277 3611. Mobile: 07785 458 531.