Traineeships - what you need to know as an employer
Traineeships - supporting your workforce
What is a Traineeship?
It is a flexible education and training programme. It includes:
- Maths, English, Digital Skills
- Vocational training
- Employability training
- High quality work placement of 70+ hours
- Employer reference at the end of the placement
- For those aged 19-24
Is it right for my business?
Traineeships are designed to develop your business and are simple to access. Contact us now to find out more.
What are the benefits?
- Shape the skills and experience of young people from your local community to develop a loyal and talented workforce
- £1000 incentive for employers
- Existing experienced employees will develop their coaching and mentoring skills
What support will I receive?
Our experienced team will help you decide if a traineeship is right for your business. We will also provide ongoing programme support
Do I have to pay a trainee?
Employers are not required to pay the trainees but are encouraged to support them with expenses such as travel and meals
What age will they be?
Newcastle City Learning traineeships are for those aged 19-24
Can I employee a trainee if they do well?
Yes, we would support you to recruit a trainee who performs well. Financial incentives may be available to the employer where they recruit into an apprenticeship position.
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 07817 765419 to find out more.