Frequently Asked Questions - Online enrolment
Log in to your learner account
If you have previously enrolled online with us your username will be in one of the formats below:
1. first name & surname (no space)
2. first initial & surname (no space)
3. the first part of your email address (before the @ sign)
I can't create an account?
Step 1) go to www.newcastlecitylearning.ac.uk and select 'courses', then 'enrol online', from the drop down menu.
Step 2) choose your course! You'll be given the option to submit an enquiry, apply or enrol to your chosen course(s) (entry conditions vary)
Step 3) add your course(s) to your trolley and 'checkout'
Step 4) you will be taken to our login screen where you can either log in to an existing account or 'create a new account'
Step 5) enter your personal details (you only have to do this once) to create your account
Step 6) pay for your course(s) via Newcastle City Councils secure online payment portal
If you receive an error message that says your email address is already in use, this is because you are a returning learner who previously enrolled in person or over the phone - please email us on email@example.com so we can update your account to allow online enrolment.
I can't remember my username?
If you have previously enrolled online with us your username will be in one of the formats
(Please note, if you lock your account you will need to email us to unlock it)
- first name & surname (no space)
- first initial & surname (no space)
- the first part of your email address (before the @ sign)
I can't reset my password?
1) Check you are using the correct username and not your full email address to login
2) You are already a learner with us but have never enrolled via the online method before;
You'll need to email GatewaySupervisors@newcastle.gov.uk so we can update your existing learner account before you can create an online one, then follow the steps above!
If you have any other queries email our firstname.lastname@example.org