These are the standards you can expect from us and our partners.
• make sure that you have the information that you need to make a decision about which programme is right for you
• deal with your enrolment quickly and fairly
• do everything we can to make sure that you enjoy your programme and that you succeed
• help you with your next step if you wish to change or leave your programme
• make sure that you have everything that you need for your next step when you finish your programme
• respond to your suggestions or complaints quickly and fairly
If you feel that we are not doing what we promised, then let us know.
We have high expectations of our staff and our learners.
• uphold Newcastle City Council and Service values
• set consistently high expectations of you through a positive environment for learning
• ensure you make rapid progress based on your initial starting point
• help you to develop your learning journey and ensure you recognise the progress you make
• ensure your and their attitudes and behaviours are consistently exemplary
• be well-qualified, highly skilled and with the confidence to be ambitious for you
• understand and be confident with target setting with you and use them to plan learning
• develop proficiency in using iPads and other technologies in the classroom
• consistently embed wider skills including English, maths, ICT and digital skills, British Values, PREVENT and equality and diversity to help you understand them in your work and/or personal life
• consistently strive to improve outcomes
Your commitment – we expect you to:
• have high aspirations to achieve your individual learning goals and your full potential
• attend all classes promptly and be ready for learning (i.e equipment/resources)
• respect the opinions and achievements of others
• respect the classroom, resources and work environment
• respond effectively to the high expectations set by tutors
• benefit from individualised learning which develops attitudes, skills and knowledge (A.S.K.) and recognise this in your learning journey
• take the opportunity to acquire, use, maintain and develop wider skills in English, maths, ICT, digital and employability skills
• build your understanding of equality, diversity, keeping safe, British values and PREVENT and apply them in your working and/ or personal life
• respond to verbal and written feedback positively to make sure that there is improvement in learning over time
• provide requested information to tutors on time every time
• ask if you are stuck or you are not making the progress you would like to
• give your best at all times and most of all enjoy learning!